Friday, August 3, 2012

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .







Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. I don’t know about you, but I like to keep fit. I work out 5 days a week and take long power walks afterwards. I especially enjoy walking outside with all that fresh air and sunshine. I can enjoy God’s creations and feel totally relaxed and rejuvenated each and every time.

Well, just the other day, I was minding my own business as a friend and I were taking our power walk when we came upon a gruesome site. Yes, indeedy! The most awful and hideous thing imaginable was on the road and thank the Lord it was squished by an unsuspecting motorist. Of course I jumped and did something like my “Superior Dance” when I noticed the 3 foot copperhead on the side of the road. I made sure the blasted thing was dead and then kept my eyes peeled for any more of them trying to creep up on me.


Later we come to find out that a copperhead bit one of my neighbor’s dogs and they had to rush it to the vet. The dog survived, but they did not know where the snake slithered off too. I hope it was the squished one that we found, but something tells me there are more of those poisonous reptiles lurking about ready to pounce on any unsuspecting human or animal that just happens to get in their way.



I got a funny feeling that we will be looking for something else besides "suspicious activity" during Neighborhood Watch from now on.


1 comment:

  1. Snakes just freak me out! With the dryness and heat being as it is here I have been telling the kids daily to go the other way if they see one.. here it is rattlesnakes we worry about. yikes!

    ReplyDelete