Friday, July 27, 2012

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .





Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. Just the other day I was sitting at an airport and I happen to start up a conversation with a lady while we were waiting for our flight to be announced. The other lady was an arrogant woman married to a wealthy man. Anyhoooooo, the conversation centered on whether we had any children.

The wealthy woman said, “When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me."

I then commented, “Well, isn't that special?”

The woman continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me a beautiful Mercedes-Benz."

Again, I commented, “Well, isn't that special?”

The woman continued boasting, "Then, when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite, diamond bracelet."

Yet again, I commented, “Well, isn't that special?”

The wealthy woman then asked me, "What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child?"

I answered, "My husband sent me to charm school."

"Charm school?" the woman cried, "Oh, my gosh! What on earth for?"



I answered her by saying, "Well for example, instead of saying, ‘Who gives a s**t?’ I learned to say, “Well, isn't that special?”


2 comments: