Friday, August 10, 2012

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .





Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. I recently went to San Antonio with hubby and stayed in this ritzy Marriot right on the River Walk.


Since hubby travels extensively he is an elite member at Marriott and they gave him a HUGE room. It was el grande in size for sure (1,000 square feet or more). So much so that you had to leave a bread crumb trail so you could find your way back to the door. Our Vice Presidential Suite had a bedroom, walk-in closet, vanity area with a sink, separate shower and tub with double sinks, bar, dining room, family room, lounge area, large foyer with coat closet and powder room, etc. I counted 5 sinks, yes, you read that right. Why someone would need 5 sinks was beyond me.

















In the concierge lounge you had (all FREE) a full hot breakfast, and later hors d'oeuvres, and in the evening dessert.


Needless to say, I was ready to move in and never leave.

Anyhooo, I ate and drank my way from one end of the famous River Walk to the other. The food was superb and yes, I brought my trusty “fat pants” so I could enjoy San Antonio’s BB Q, steaks, Tex Mex, and margaritas to the max.


I must say that San Antonio has very aggressive homeless people who walk right up and accost you all the time trying to get money from you. Well, isn't that special? So there I was, trying to enjoy my vacation and all my senses were screamin’ “BRING THE RED RYDER BB GUN NEXT TIME!!!” so I could keep these pesky schizophrenics at bay.


They must have thought I was easy prey, but I think my “BITE ME” t-shirt got the message across to these Looney Tunes to leave me the heck alone. I think giving them the finger added that special touch to the annoying predicament that visitors should not have to endure at this delightful place.

(Church Lady does her “Superior Dance” as she struts to organ music.)


1 comment:

  1. I recently stayed in a Marriott in Burbank, CA and I will never stay in another hotel again - it was luscious!

    ReplyDelete