Friday, July 6, 2012

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .





Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. Don’t you just love to travel? I sure do and I have been doing a lot of it lately. Yes, indeedy. I went to Las Vegas (A.K.A. Sin City) in May, Munich Germany in June, and I plan on going to San Antonio in July, Florida in August, and San Diego in October. As you can guess, all that traveling can make your head spin. Needless to say, it is fun and very educational, especially when traveling in foreign countries where you have to speak a different language and eat food you don’t necessarily eat. Case in point, in Munich we had lots of their local cuisine and one night we had beef knuckle. You read that right. We had this HUGE 22 kilo (48.5 pounds) beef knuckle that looked like something that you would get off of a dinosaur. Our dinner party consisted of 6 people and those Germans must have thought we hadn’t eaten in years because we ate that beef knuckle, two different kinds of salads, potato dumplings, sauerkraut, bread, HUGE pretzels, etc. in record time. We washed that down with German beer and then had two scoops of ice cream.

On our visit to Germany we continued to sample beer at various beer halls and ate our way to oblivion. I must have over done it because I could only fit in my “fat pants”, but that didn’t seem to slow me down one bit. No, indeedy! I was on vacation and I was @#$% well going to enjoy it!





Next stop, San Antonio! It is famous for steaks, barbeque, Tex Mex, and frozen margaritas. Something tells me that I better make sure I pack my “fat pants” again so I can enjoy San Antonio to the max.




1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where you'd been... :):)

    I'm heading to San Diego on Friday for a little over a week. Mexican food - real and very good Mexican food! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete