Thursday, June 21, 2012

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .






Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of this terrible behavior that we have to witness day in and day out. I know you are too and after careful study I found that Behavior Charts can help and they are the answer to our problems! Yes, indeedy!

According to most behaviorists and psychologists worldwide, Behavior Charts help the child get over the hump of extinguishing undesirable behavior. This “shaping” provides the child with cues and positive reinforcements that direct them toward desirable behavior. Well, I for one think husbands as well as children could benefit from Behavior Charts. My husband has several undesirable behaviors that I would like to extinguished toot sweet!

I therefore came up with a Behavior Chart for Hubby to help direct him toward desirable behavior.


1- Help wife do something with a pleasing attitude.

2- Complete the “Honey Do List”.

3- Spend quality time with wife (that does not mean time in the bedroom).

4- Keep hands away from your private parts when around wife or in public.

5- Rinse off your dirty dishes and put into the dishwasher.

6- Stop waking up your wife with excessive flopping around in bed.


I thought the behaviors were attainable and worthy so I presented the Behavior Chart to Hubby. I showed Hubby his Behavior Chart and it wasn’t received well at all. As for rewards for achieving good behavior, he of course wanted to designate what rewards he would receive for doing well. He informed me what his rewards would be and I did not like his suggestions one bit because they were totally unreasonable and nonnegotiable. I bet you can just guess what they were and I wasn’t going to do it. No siree! Hubby then told me that the Behavior Chart was therefore unachievable and not worthy of pursuing.





1 comment:

  1. These men need to get on board! My hubby seems to think he deserves certain "rewards" too... uh... Yeah right!

    ReplyDelete