Friday, March 16, 2012

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .




Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. I have been teaching Sunday School for many, many years and I take this position quite seriously. As Sunday School teachers we have a great responsibility on our hands. We must prepare the hearts and minds of the children to receive Jesus Christ as their Savior. We are responsible for preparing the lessons, activities, maintaining their spiritual life along with creating opportunity for salvation . . . the list goes on and on.

Anyhoooooooo, with how children act in public (see my last Church Chat post) it is crucial that we also help those little heathens learn to behave appropriately in church and elsewhere. People blame our media and the trash they watch on MTV on this terrible behavior we have to witness, but all I can say is how conveeeenient! I don’t know what other Sunday School teachers do, but I have my own little “angels” to deal with. Let’s just say if one of them acts like a spawn of Satan things might get rather dicey. Alrighty, then. We can handle this.




I remember the first day in Sunday School looooooooooooong ago and I was teaching a lesson about Church and Respect.  I explained in detail the importance of treating others like you would like to be treated to their level and even had them do several activities and some games where they learned about proper behavior and even how to act in church.  We also learned what it means to respect others; parents, teachers, etc.  Let me tell you that had a very educational and delightful time!



Then a demonic child, who shall remain nameless said, “I get to do what I want.”  Of course that got a rise out of me and I replied, “Well, aren’t you special.”  And that #@$% kid fired back, “Yes, I am!”

Well, he sure has a charming little attitude doesn’t he?  So there we are.  All of my senses screamin’ “BRING THE RED RYDER BB GUN NEXT WEEK!”  I then calmly said, "We like ourselves, don't we?"   And the little *%#@ says, “Yes, but I don’t like you.”


2 comments: