Monday, May 25, 2015

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .





Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. Perimenopause, or menopause transition, begins several years before menopause. It's the time when the ovaries gradually begin to make less estrogen. It usually starts in a woman's 40s, but can start in her 30s or even earlier. Symptoms include hot flashes, breast tenderness, worse premenstrual syndrome, lower sex drive, fatigue, irregular periods, va jay jay dryness; discomfort during sex, urine leakage, urinary urgency (an urgent need to urinate more frequently), mood swings, and trouble sleeping. Men think it’s no big deal, but I can tell you from experience, it is utter H-E double toothpicks! Well, isn’t this a news flash?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Well, let’s examine this medical calamity. Let’s see what we have got here, shall we? I get hot flashes so bad at night that I wake up dripping sweat, my breasts are so tender that I will only let my bra touch them, my periods are so heavy that I go through 8 Super Plus tampons in a day and half to change one in the middle of the night, I’m tired all the time because I have insomnia, when I sneeze or cough I sometimes pee a little, I get up to pee during the night at least four or five times, and of course my mood swings are legionary. Then to top it all off my va jay jay is dryer than the Mojave Desert! Sex is the farthest thing from my mind! The only treatment is hormones which has side effects. All the side effects are what people in my family have died of so I’m already prone to get whatever they had because of genetics. Taking hormones will only up my percentage even more. How conveeeenient!

So perimenopause is no big deal? Where do people get these wacky ideas? Where, oh where, oh where? Now, who could have told them that? Could it be ... SATAN? (haunting echo)


The average length of perimenopause is 4 years, but for some women this stage may last only a few months or continue for 10 years. Ten years!!!!! I’ll be dead by then!


No comments:

Post a Comment