Thursday, April 12, 2012

And now it's time for Church Chat . . .





Hello, I’m the Church Lady and this is ‘Church Chat’. Guess who came to my house today? The Sheriff. Well, isn’t this a news flash? I bet all my neighbors are wondering what I or someone in my family did to have the Sheriff come to our door. Where do people get these wacky ideas? Where, oh where, oh where? Now, who could it be? Could it be ... SATAN? (haunting echo)

We have had more incidents of suspicious activity in our community so Hubby contacted the big man himself. Anyhooooooo, since hubby is always on travel with work, the Sheriff came to talk with me. Yes, indeedy! He came in a plain wrapper (undercover car) and wore his Sheriff uniform with all the trimmings (gun, radio, and whatnot). He was very concerned about what was going on in our subdivision and wants to stop it before it escalates. He told me to contact the Patrol Commander to set up a meeting for all the residents in our neighborhood. I therefore contacted him and we have set up a date and time to have the meeting which will consist of: Trends in Crime, Suggestions & Tips, Questions & Answers, etc.

I have made flyers and sent out emails to let everyone know about it. This should be a very exciting and informative meeting that I hope everyone will enjoy.

The Sheriff also told me about this liiiiiiiittle website that is a must for everyone to visit. CrimeReports.com is the most comprehensive crime mapping website in the world where you can access official crime rate in your neighborhood and sign up for free email alerts. I can just see me spending hours on this site finding out what is going on in my neighborhood and all over the world.


I am really looking forward to this meeting with the Sheriff Department. I just hope this doesn’t entice the hoodlums to have a free-for-all in our community while we are at the meeting. I better hide the liquor and my butter rum lifesavers just to be on the safe side.


2 comments: